- How do I register for Zoo Camp?
- Is there a waiting list for Zoo Camp?
- Can I register for just one or two days of camp?
- Can I stay with the camp?
- Who is running the camp?
- Should I pack my child’s medication?
- Can my camper bring a friend or a family member to zoo camp?
- My child has special needs, will they receive one-on-one care?
Zoo Camp Information
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Drop-off and Pick-up is located at the “Paws and Claws Education Station”. Our classroom is a blue building painted with animal artwork, just past the playground to the right in front of Bus Parking. You must sign in and sign out your child with one of our camp counselors daily. When dropping off or picking up, you may use the bus parking spots, but no longer than needed. Be aware that our park and zoo has a strict 91/2 mph speed limit.
Zoo Camp DOES NOT provide before and after care. Campers must be dropped off and picked up at the designated times below. If you are late arriving for drop off or pick up please notify the main office at 609-465-5271so arrangements can be made. If you have arranged for your camper to go home with another adult please provide a note giving permission.
Drop-Off: 8:55-9:05 am Drop-Off: 12:55-1:05 pm
Pick-Up: 11:50-12:00 pm Pick-Up: 3:50-4:00 pm
What to Pack/Wear
- Closed toed shoes - Sandals/Flip-Flops are NOT permitted. We will be exploring outdoor areas. The camper will not be able to participate if they are not wearing the appropriate footwear.
- Water - We do not recommend sugared or juice drinks. We DO recommend reusable water bottles.
- Snack – Please pack a small snack. Snack only lasts 10-15 minutes of the camp day.
- Zoo Camp Shirt – A shirt will be provided on the first day of camp. We ask that it is worn the entire week of zoo camp.
- Weather Appropriate Clothing - Please be aware of the weather for your week of zoo camp. Zoo Camp is a rain or shine program. Rain boots, jacket, rain gear may be needed. We will be outside for some of the day.
- Sunscreen and Bug spray – Sunscreen and Bug spray should be administered before the start of camp, you may also pack these items however zoo camp counselors are not permitted to apply these items.
What NOT to Pack
- Toys or stuffed animals
- Fidget Spinners
- Rollerblades, scooters, skateboards,hover boards, wheelie shoes, etc..
- Valuable Items and Money - The zoo is not responsible for any lost items, please leave valuables at home.
*NOTE* Zoo Camps are meant to be fun learning experiences where campers have the chance to immerse themselves innature and learn about animals and the environment. Technology can be a great tool to help explore the world, but can also be very limiting to imagination and hands-on play. Therefore, cell phones and cameras are permitted to becarried if parent/guardian determines it is appropriate, however they will onlybe permitted to use them at designated times and no other electronic devices(i.e. gaming consoles) should be carried. If the camper is using their device inappropriately or causing distraction to other campers, Camp Counselors reserve the right to confiscate the device and return it at the end of the day.
Lifesaving medications may be packed with the camper if absolutely necessary. Any medications should be administered before the start of camp. The Education Department must be notified before the start of camp if medication must be packed with the camper. Zoo camp counselors will not be responsible for the housing and storage of any medications. Zoo camp counselors are not permitted to assist with any medication administration. In the unlikely event of an emergency the Sheriff Officers on grounds are notified immediately.
The campers will participate in several classroom animal presentations throughout their week of camp with our ambassador animals. Our ambassador animals are not viewable to the general public and only appear for special presentations and education programing. During animal presentations, campers will get an up-close look at our education animals as well as many bio-facts like skulls, feathers, and fur!